Monday, February 8, 2010

A time for REBIRTH....

began for us this weekend at 
The Renaissance Festival!
 Photobucket
Ron and I are well known for NOT liking crowds...
so imagine our surprise when
we decided to take our LITTLE family to one of the 
BIGGEST
festivals in Arizona.
For Ron and I...it was a first!
Not the kids...they had been before,
and they were NOT surprised that it was to be SOOO much fun.
Chris started out the fun...
on Jacob's Ladder.
Photobucket
Not to be outdone by Jacob himself!
Photobucket
Katie was so determined to make it to the top...
bah humbug...
not even the guy operating it could do it!
Photobucket
The Festival is well known for its entertaining shows...
some which are not appropriate for kids,
so we chose wisely...
and laughed our heads off!
Jacob took cover from the MUD!
 Photobucket
People watching was an EVENT in and of itself!Photobucket
You can't get easily offended to try this event...
this guy TAUNTS you...
just daring you to hit his FACE with a tomato.
Katie and Ron both had some good arms...
but missed everytime! 
Photobucket
The kids tried everything...
from archery,
Photobucket
to Jenga,
(by the way Jacob...you rocked at this!)
Photobucket
and the Crystal Sticks....
 Photobucket
Photobucket
 paintball mania...where you guys pegged the guy
much to his dismay!
Photobucket
And it was only NOON.
WHEW...we were just getting started!
We still had YUMMY food to eat...
 Photobucket
Corn on a HUSK!
 Photobucket
Steak on a STAKE!
Photobucket
Christopher could not get ENOUGH of this!
Photobucket
For me...I couldn't get ENOUGH of spending the day
with the ones I love...
Photobucket
I mean...how can you not LOVE all these faces????
We ended the day...
Flying high...on the Catapult!
Photobucket
And when I asked my kids if I should do it,
they asked...
"Mom you have to be under 180 lbs!"
Well...that just meant to me...
"Bring it on!" 
Photobucket
Oh my goodness...was that FUN!
To show my kids that I still had a little SPUNK left in me
and FLYING that high was awesome!
We found this GREAT little kids spot...where you
could actually do stuff for FREE!
Yes....that's right FREE!
Photobucket
Photobucket
 Last but not Least...
the Jousting Tournament where our Knight...
Sir Alexander won!
Photobucket
We weren't supposed to have the kids for the weekend...
so when we did,
it just made this day even more special!
I sure do love this LIFE! 

2 comments :

lytj said...

Family activities are fun, aren't they? It looks like your family experienced the entire event.

Deannie said...

yeah, I'm so glad you guys had fun. I'm always nervous to recommend things that cost a lot of money. Sounds like you did good though! We had a blast when we went too. I love good family days!