Saturday, January 14, 2012

Best of the BEST redo

I'm so excited to have my latest furniture redo complete.
This is by far the best...
and I'm learning that the more "practice" I get
the better things LOOK!
I found this piece at 
GOODWILL
on my very first trip!
I loved the hardware detail on the doors as well as the slats!
I thought it would make for an interesting piece once all the stain got into all the knooks and crannies!
I could have waited and bought this for $12 as they have there once a month 50% off 2 days after I purchased this...
but I was so afraid it wouldn't be there that I snatched it up as quickly as possible!
I have to say I was GIDDY with excitement as this turned out to be and ETHAN ALLEN original
and the wood was sturdy and intact!
I forgot to take a BEFORE picture
until I had sanded off the top layer...
but you get the general idea!
Photobucket
I'm so excited to share the AFTER!!!!
Photobucket
 Photobucket
Here is a closer up look at the detail...
I absolutely am thrilled with how beautiful this turned out.
I changed out the hardware except for the beautiful hinges on the doors and found the knobs on sale at Hobby Lobby for only $2 a piece!  
I bought the paint for $12 at Home Depot...
and already had the stain, wax and other supplies I needed from other projects
so this Ethan Allen original cost me only $48!!!
How great is that! 
Side note:  My wonderful hubby has made me two shelves to go with this so that I can create a front entry vignette.  However, one of the kids stepped on one of the shelves and he has to start over building a new shelf.  I'm hoping to have this done before my parents come into town in a few weeks for Jacob's baptism.  I can't wait to show you the entire finished project!

2 comments :

Jennifer B. Slack said...

love it!

lytj said...

You've added a bunch since I was able to last look. You are getting to be an accomplished furniture finisher!