Sunday, January 19, 2014

A little friendly Jarvis competition

We enjoyed so many gorgeous temperatures during the month of 
DECEMBER
that we couldn't wait to get outside
and soak up the SUN
and to enjoy a little friendly Jarvis competition.
(Jarvis is my maiden name.)

Let's just say it is in our BLOOD to enjoy a little "friendly" game
of just about any sport or board game out there!
Including:
 Katie and Aunt Donna playing volleyball.
 Everyone playing baseball.



I'm sure we could even find a little competition with the sand sculptures that were made!

On New Year's EVE we played a mean game of 
KICKBALL
and half the neighborhood came out to join in the fun.

 And if that wasn't enough we headed to the church
for an even MEANER game of
DODGEBALL.
And when I mean MEAN...
I'm talking in the literal sense!

This was a serious game of Dodgeball!

With Ron's arm still in the cast I had him play
BODYGUARD
to these two cuties!
 But the real competition began when these two
GIRLS
showed us some of there dance moves:
 No one else stood a chance!
I love Sarah's face in this one!!
We enjoyed EVEN more competition with a night out
BOWLING--at Flipside!


 Where we enlisted our "long lost" Jarvis cousins to
join in the competition!
After the joy of spending so much time with family...
and reminding myself
why I love where I come from...
I couldn't help be thankful for those that have gone before me,
to pave the way for that
JARVIS
competitive streak
that after this last week I found out
was still ALIVE and WELL in all of us!




No comments :