Friday, February 14, 2014

A Mother's Heart...

is aching for my daughter
RACHIE RUE
(a.k.a. Rachel)
who was diagnosed this afternoon with
MONO.

On Monday I received a call from the school nurse letting me know that
after taking her temperature and finding it to be 101 degrees...
that I would need to come get her.

Since I was OUT playing for the day with my parents,
I asked my wonderful neighbor to
pick her up.
By the time I got home she was sound asleep.
 I thought
with some sleep and rest should
would be well by morning.
But then she slept, 
and slept, and slept...
then she cried...
then she slept some more.

My normally vivacious, active, full of energy and laughter, 
fun-loving daughter could barely get out of bed.

My Mother's heart is aching for ALL my children tonight...
for in some way or another
they are all 
facing heartache, challenges or trials.

My heart is also aching for my 
SWEET HUBBY
who is facing a challenge of his own this year.
 
After spending 7 weeks of the most amazing, unlimited time together while he was
off work from shoulder surgery...
he has gone back to work...
to a new store...
a new boss...
and a much more difficult situation.
Gone is my happy, carefree husband that I got to enjoy over the
holidays...
and my wife's heart hurts to think that we must endure yet
another trial...
when so many we've already faced still feel so fresh
and the scars are still so visible.

But we will endure all these trials,
because we have each other...
and because we have
GOD!
 

No comments :