Thursday, February 6, 2014

My LITTLE guy...

My baby just turned
TEN.
 He is my handsome, lovable, intelligent, funny, baseball loving boy and I love being his mommy!

I LOVE all my children the same,
but I think this little guy LOVES me more than anyone but my sweet hubby!

Whenever people tell him they LOVE him...
he always grabs onto me
instead
and says, I only LOVE my mommy!

It is endearing...
and frustrating too!
I want him to know that MANY people can come into his life and love him and that it is a wonderful thing!
But until he believes me...
I will take his LOVE and squeeze him like crazy!

Jacob played on a football team once...
but it wasn't his sport.
He has never shown too much interest in any other sport...
so I was surprised when the kids this fall began playing baseball at the park every day after school...
that he would enjoy it so much that it became his passion.
He talks about
BASEBALL
all the time and told me tonight that when he gets older he is going to play for the 
PITTSBURGH PIRATES.

Between Christmas and his birthday...
every present he has received has revolved around
something to do with BASEBALL
so I was not surprised when he choose a baseball themed party for his 10th birthday!
We began with a trip to the
BATTING CAGES.
 Getting instructions and the rules to follow.
Jacob received a free T-shirt and baseball necklace...
just because he was such a 
handsome birthday boy!
Tyler's dad played for the Los Angeles Dodgers as a 
PITCHER.
When Tyler went to the pitching mound to throw some pitches...
WOW...this kid showed us he had some serious skills.
Jacob says he wants to concentrate on 
SECOND BASE.
His face pretty much explains why!
But what they REALLY, REALLY wanted to do was play a game of
BASEBALL.
Run...
Jacob run...
 and don't ever give up on your dreams!
Happy 10th Birthday buddy!

No comments :