Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One of my FAVORITES....

Photobucket

We just received ONE of my favorite letters...

from ONE of our favorite people!

CAMERON!

He continues to amaze me...which I shouldn't be...

I was privileged enough to hear his

Patriarchal blessing...and Setting Apart!

But what he is being ASKED to do at this time on his mission...

is going to be HARD!

But CAMERON is the one who can do it!

Here is an excerpt from his latest letter:

 Ok. I got transferred to another city. This city is called Yevpatoria.  About my branch.... There has been a lot that has happened in this branch over the past. There are over 50 non active members. A lot of them went in-active when an old Branch President got up and said to the congregation that the church wasn't true. Some missionaries also made a mockery of the ordinance of baptism (I won't say exactly what happened) and this also made a few more people go in-active. All of this happened before I even came to Ukraine so it has been a long time. Basically, this branch is hurting really bad right now. We had 5 people come to church this last week. Usually there are about 10-15 but a lot of them didn't come because they were out of town or something. My companion is the Branch President and I am the Financial Secratary. It scares me to think that when Elder Sarkisyan leaves that I will probably be the next Branch President. It would be a really tough calling to have, especially in Russian!
President Nielsen said that I will be here for a long time which makes me think that I will serve the rest of my mission here in Yevpatoria. I had a vision when I was in church the other day. I dreamt that the sacrament hall was full of people. I am going to do my best to get it back to that. We have our own church building because there used to be so many people coming to church a few years ago. It doesn't look like a church. It has no steeple. It is just a descent size building. Pretty in my eyes. 2 stories actually!
Because I am the financial secretary and my companion is the Branch President we have to do all of the paper work for the branch and so that is what we are going to do tonight. He is going to show me how to do it and hopefully I will be able to get a grasp on it and try to do it faster. It sounds like that before I came it was taking them a long time to fill out all of the papers and they weren't getting a whole lot of time to go contacting. President Nielsen sent me here to be the senior companion and tell when we will do branch work and when we will do missionary work.
Love Always,
Elder Cameron Flewellen

This letter has brought a lot of TEARS to my eyes...

Just VERY, VERY proud!
Love ya too Elder Flewellen,
Momma Jana 

3 comments :

lytj said...

He is a special boy,(young adult) isn't he? We do love reading his letters and sharing his mission.

Beth said...

Wow,I bet you guys are just beaming with pride! What an incredible young man. I don't get to sit down as often as I would like to read his letters. You guys are such a neat family. We miss you.

Kathryn Crouse said...

Whoa!!! That boy has a lot of responsibility and is going to learn sooo much. Amazing!!!! Pretty cool and what an incredible learning experience. He will be in our prayers!! Love you guys . . Great activity by the way. You do an amazing job.