Sunday, November 15, 2009

We may NOT kill Bambi...

but we do kill
SQUIRRELS!
Sorry to all you nature buffs or PETA people
but our family loves to squirrel hunt!
So a couple of weeks ago...during the kids' FALL break,
we took a couple of days to go
CAMPING and HUNTING.
Photobucket
This was our first successful HUNT of the day!
Photobucket
Ron ended up KILLING all of them,
but not without giving CHRIS a TRY!
Photobucket
In case you are wondering why you LOOK up...
well you must realize the process of squirrel hunting.
First, I drive VERY slowly
through the forest, while the family looks for squirrels.
Second, when they yell squirrel...I slam on my brakes.
Everyone jumps out of the car shouting and hollering...
so the squirrel runs up the tree!

You then shoot it out of the TREE...although sometimes they are hard to find!

Photobucket
This is Christopher's kind of shot...
when they are on the ground...and you make sure they aren't suffering.

Photobucket
I like to HELP look....

Photobucket
Rachel chose to do this,
Photobucket
While Katie and Jacob stay a SAFE distance away.
And just to point out how cute Katie looks...
with one of her FLOWERS'
in her hair!
Such a FASHIONISTA!

Photobucket
I didn't take this picture on purpose,
but I loved how when I got home that I noticed
all the kids were LINED up by age (and height).
A picture I would NEVER have been able to get on my own!
I just LOVE these kids!

Photobucket
Final count....5 in 2.5 hours!
I'm just impressed these KIDS will touch them!
Not only will I not kill BAMBI or a SQUIRREL...
but I won't be touching them or eating them either!
But I LOVE the joy I feel in spending time with my family...
and the wonderful LIFE it is becoming!

1 comment :

lytj said...

That's great that you have so many diverse activities that you can do as a family. Squirrel hunting in the woods would be nice--just for the scenery and the chance to be together. Garrett and Hailey were watching out the windows this morning at 2 (or more) squirrels playing around the trees. You would probably like the meat. I think it is supposed to be similar to chicken.