Saturday, January 29, 2011

OUR wall transformation

Photobucket
We have been inspired to TRANSFORM our hallway...
into our

FAMILY ORGANIZATION
space!
I'm happy to say that after lots and lots of thought...
and even MORE planning,
we created a SPACE that is not only
FUNCTIONAL
but into a space we LOVE!
Photobucket
Ever since we moved into our house...
THREE
years ago...
we have had problems with storage and function.
With the kids constantly storing
their backpacks in the LIVING room for easy
grab and go
every morning for school...
we knew our space needed to start with a PLACE for everyone
to hang backpacks and jackets!
Secondly,
I wanted a place for kids schoolwork, invitations, reminders, etc.
I also wanted it to be a space where I could
hang pictures of the ones we LOVE!
Thirdly,
I needed a space to keep our MONTHLY calendar.
I'm learning how BUSY we all our and we needed a place to keep
track of it all.
Lastly,
I wanted a space to put my Shopping list and MEAL plans!

Sounds like I needed a BIG space with some BIG ideas!
So I totally FREAKED the man out at 
Magma Engineering when I ordered a 5' x 4' piece of sheet metal!
But I think the final result...
turned out amazing and I can't wait for our family to be better
ORGANIZED!
Disclaimer:  I would love some FUN pictures of our grandkids...hint, hint!!  :)

2 comments :

Staci said...

ok Jana! I want more pictures! That's exactly what I'm wanting to do, but I'm still in the brainstorming stages! Yours looks amazing!

lytj said...

We are glad we get to see it soon. A cool way to fill up that wall space.