Saturday, January 30, 2010

Love of God - FINAL

Photobucket



Why is Love the Great Commandment? 
Elder Uchtdorf explains that the divine Love of God turns ordinary acts into extraordinary service.  This is the month where 4 years ago my husband’s life was interrupted.  His wife of 22 years was gone in an instant.  This then “ordinary” man exhibited extraordinary conduct and helped demonstrate to others that he knew the true process of love.   In the months to follow, his testimony of the Savior grew; he understood God’s Love and God’s plan for him.  This ordinary man did an extraordinary thing by answering God’s call to marry a broken woman with heartbroken children. He was to Love them the way God had loved him in those moments of anguish and sadness.  He was to answer the call to repair this little family through Love.  Love is the healing balm of Gilead.  It is the bond that unites families it is the bond that united our family and continues to unite us today.

Our Heavenly Father loves us, I know he Lives, I know he is mindful of me and you, that he knows our hearts, he knows our desires and that as we truly understand the first and second great commandments we can truly be what he wants us to be…true disciples of Jesus Christ.

3 comments :

Jennifer B. Slack said...

Jana, thank you so much for sharing your testimony of our Savior. What beautiful posts, filled with the Spirit and love...about love. I have been taught. Thank you with all my heart. May His blessings continue to pour out upon you and your family.
Many hugs!!!

Deannie said...

Wow, sounds like you did a stellar job at speaking! That's why they keep asking you Jana. I loved the post about Cameron too! He's such a good guy. I pray my boys will be as strong as him, and as great a missionary as him. I'm so glad they have him for an example! Especially for Jared. He really looks up to him. I love reading your posts. Someday I hope to be half as good as you at blogging!

lytj said...

It is a great thing to feel love from a wonderful husband, and to have great friends--when times are good and when they are definitely not. Pres. Kimball said that God's love comes to us by angels on earth giving service to others. You have those angels for your friends--and husband.