Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Love of God

Ron and I were asked to speak at church last Sunday...
AGAIN!
We must not be getting it right because we thought for sure...
our turn was done.
But alas,
speaking is good for our souls!
It gave me a chance to STUDY and PONDER
the Love God has for me...and everyone,
and my life has been enriched because of it.
Since I got to discuss some of my FAVORITE people...
I thought I would share parts of it over the next few posts!
Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket


How can we draw near and hear that Father’s voice?

As I was driving my kids to stay with their father this weekend, I told them I was giving a talk at church on Sunday.  I asked them if they could tell me what the Love of God means to them.   I received answers such as, “When we go to church we can feel His love.”  “I feel his love when I do kind to others because I know this makes Him happy.”  “God’s Love is when we feel the spirit when we do what is right.” And lastly, “I already told you mom, but you didn’t listen.” 

So then, how am I to hear the Father’s voice if as my daughter says, I don’t listen? 

How about when I go to church on Sunday or attend meetings, I can listen.
How about when I attend the temple or walk on the temple grounds, I can listen.
When I read the scriptures and hear the words of God, I can listen.
When our children laugh and play together, I can listen.
When our family prays together and I pray, I can listen.

When I listened I found out that my youngest son loves his mommy more than anything else in the world.  That he is perfectly content letting me hold him in my arms and to sing him a night time lullaby. 
When I listened to my youngest daughter I learned she wants me to HEAR her when she speaks. She needs me to lie next to her at night so she can share with me her highlights of the day.
When I listened I learned that my oldest daughter needs good friends and people who accept her for who she is and love her fun, silly side.
When I listened I learned that my oldest son needs people he can trust.  More importantly that he can trust me and I in turn trust him. 

In learning these things about my children I heard the Father’s Voice.  The despair of my motherhood responsibilities lessened and the joy returned.

1 comment :

lytj said...

Great thoughts, talented Mom, and Beautiful children!