Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Actually mom, I can do it!"

Photobucket
JACOB
asked for a scooter for Christmas.
He has told me since he was 
THREE...
that he "hates" his bicycle. 
(Jacob hates a lot of things...so no BIG deal.)
He had absolutely NO desire to ride his bicycle to school with
the rest of the kids...so a scooter for
CHRISTMAS was a good idea.
So imagine my surprise when one day AFTER school,
Jacob gets on his bike...which he has NEVER learned to ride...
and starts to ride like he has been doing it for years!
When I yelled after him that I didn't do he could ride his bike,
he exclaimed...
"Actually mom, I can do it!"
And I BELIEVED him...because we were so excited he could
finally ride his bicycle that Ron, myself and Katie...
took him for a 3 mile bike ride...
THAT night!
Photobucket
Photobucket
"Safety first...MOM!"
My cute little Jakie...still continues to CRACK me up!

 

2 comments :

Deannie said...

I'll have to show this to Nathan, he still wants nothing to do with taking his training wheels off! He's perfectly fine with riding it the way it is.

lytj said...

Jacob, what a grownup boy you have become. We are glad that we got to see what a great bike rider you have become.