Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Fever....our way!

Began with our 
ANNUAL SPRING
visitors!
First week...
Grandma and Grandad
which to my shame...I took not a single picture!
But I found these two off the family blog that my mom took!
Photobucket
It was "hat day" at school and my dad was a good sport to put a funny hat on for the picture.
 Photobucket
Shocker of all shockers...
we actually remembered to get a picture of my mom and me together....Yippee! 
Second week...
Hailee and Leo
and yes, their cute mother Britni...
which I have already shared a few of those pictures.
Third week...
Spring break...and the kids are home!
So in a desperate attempt to keep my kids entertained,
we bought a Slip-n-Slide.
Yes, you heard me right...it is of course the most beautiful season in Arizona...SPRING...and a jump
in a "cool" swimming pool...
or a water pad or slip-n-slide work out GREAT!
  Photobucket
Katie takes the plunge first!
  Photobucket
Rachel still isn't sure it is WARM enough for all of this!
 Photobucket
This is how Christopher's friends like to play!
Photobucket
I must point out that when these boys' play together...
we've had two broken wrists...twisted ankles...sore muscles...
and nice big BLACK eyes!
Can you see why?!?
We also got to enjoy a FUN night playing Dodge ball with "new" and old friends.
Photobucket 
Ron and Skye
Photobucket
Christopher and Tanner
 Photobucket
Katie and Alexa
Photobucket
Rachel and McKenna
And while we were SAD that Ron had to work
all week...we did manage a few FUN activities,
including Peter Piper Pizza, lots and lots of friends, mall/shopping trips, new video games, new books to read...
and our BIG outing for the week,
the PHOENIX ZOO!
Photobucket
We got their in time to eat LUNCH first!
Photobucket
He looks so happy, doesn't he!?!
Photobucket
We were able to enjoy this day with our BESTEST friends...
The Christensen's
Photobucket
Do you see Jacob's FACE in this one?
This kid keeps me on my toes...that's all I can say!
 Photobucket
Rachel and Ryanna have been friends for years!
 Photobucket
I LOVE that I got to be in a picture...even if Jacob refused.
We did have cute Alexa with us,
since Christopher was off with a friend for the day!
Photobucket
Jacob idolizes Jared and thought it was FUN to try to JUMP
as high as his idol!
Photobucket
Almost as HIGH!
Photobucket
I caught all the kids "sitting" at the elephant exhibit...
only about 20 minutes of being at the zoo.
They stated they were "tired!"
What's happening...when did my kids grow up to the point that the ZOO isn't cool anymore!?!
 Photobucket
Maybe a little "SUGAR" can kick them into gear!
Photobucket
 Jacob and Rachel...getting the most out of their snow cones!
 Photobucket
Katie, Alexa and Olivia...too cute!
Photobucket
Seriously...we could not "PULL" them away from this bar.
(No pun intended!)
I have to say SPRING break went by fast and my kids were given
CHORE CHARTS for the first time in their
LIFE....
and I must say..."What was I thinking not doing this sooner?"
It was great...and they got to EARN $5.00 for a job well done!
We ended this week with a FUN, weekend visit with Nana!
And with Ron off work as well...
that just made the weekend more FUN.
Photobucket
The kids love to WRESTLE Ron...even though to this point...
they still haven't been able to get the better of him! 
Photobucket
The kids spent hours outside playing cards with Ron...
Photobucket
while I helped NANA sew and cook!
Fourth week...
KEVIN, GARRETT and HALEY
come all the way from Missouri!
(This post to be continued!) 
   

2 comments :

jacque said...

Phew! You guys have been super busy and had lots of visitors. Looks like you had a wonderful spring break. So glad we got to share in parts of it. :)

Jennifer B. Slack said...

Looks like it was great! Hugs!!