Monday, September 20, 2010

A Different type of DAY...

was the kids' FIRST day of school.

Luckily for me...
my wonderful husband
did his best to do all the NORMAL beginning of the year activities.
He took the kids to 
MEET the TEACHER night,
(I was still in the hospital)
signed agendas, made lunches, made breakfast,
MADE ME 
breakfast in bed for many days,
did morning prayers
and still took time...for my sake
to take the DREADED first day of school pictures!
What a GUY!

Meanwhile, the kids were GREAT.
They didn't complain.
They asked me daily "how are you feeling?"
They found shoes, homework, food to eat and didn't have to
call me one TIME the first whole month of school.
NOW that is a MIRACLE!
Photobucket
 Christopher - 8th GRADE
Photobucket
Rachel - 6th GRADE
(with her Best Friends - Izzy and Summer)
Photobucket
Katie - 4th GRADE
Photobucket
Jacob - 1st GRADE

Postscript: It was REALLY hard for me to miss these moments with my kids.  The thing I realized and that is the blessing is that my kids' lives kept going on.  They still played with friends, went to activities and everything else kids do at their ages...
and while I know they were concerned about me,
they were able to KEEP moving forward!
One more BLESSING I'm able to find in all of this!
Good luck this year kiddos...I know you will do GREAT! 

No comments :