Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Travel Log - Day ONE

In the midst of my
CRAZY,
BUSY,
OVER-MEDICAL
summer...I can't believe I haven't BLOGGED any of it!
While I have to admit,
this summer didn't go as planned...
we still had some FUN times.
So this week...
I'm dedicating my BLOG
as a travel LOG...
(I'm rhyming again!)
to our FIRST trip of the summer...

UKRAINE!

Day 1-3:
Travel, Travel and MORE Travel.
Can I say...EXHAUSTION!
So we left for the airport at 10:30 P.M....
having both worked a FULL day so let's just say we've
already been up since 7 a.m..
We catch the plane at 12:40 a.m....
again...still haven't slept!
We land in Minneapolis, Minnesota...
which by the way isn't even on my itinerary...
where we spend 2 hours before loading a plane to
Detroit, Michigan.
We land again for another 1.5 hours before
getting on a plane to New York, NY. at noon the next day!
Other than a brief...a very brief snooze on the plane...
we still have not slept.
We did have a 4 hour lay over before we left for Kiev, Ukraine.
We tried to sleep...but not well.
After a 10 hour flight we land in Kiev.
 Photobucket
Cameron asked me what my 3 smells of Ukraine are...
and I can honestly say I smelled 2 of them as soon as we landed!
1.  Smoke and lots of it! Almost 85% of Ukrainian's smoke!
2.  Body odor! Most Ukrainian's don't bathe daily or wear deodorant!
Unfortunately we had another 6 hour lay over in Kiev before boarding a very small Ukrainian airline to Dnepropetrovsk...
our final destination. 
At this point...I can't decide if I'm MORE hungry,
or more tired!  
So we luckily had a little pizza place directly across the street from our hotel...we ate quickly...
and went to bed at 7:30 p.m. Ukraine time!
Exactly 50 hours since our LAST bedtime!
No wonder I was able to sleep for 12 hours straight!
Photobucket
 
Postscript: I must mention that in the final pictures you will see Ron drinking the most AMAZING juice on the planet.  Cameron used to talk about it in his mission letters all the time.  We couldn't wait to try it...and we were NOT disappointed.  We just wish we could have brought some of this juice home!

No comments :