Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Start each DAY with a smile....

Photobucket
As my life returns back to NORMAL...
I'm learning that my
day begins with a SIMPLE expression...
A SMILE!

I'm smiling because things that I used to do...
like taking a bath,
walking down stairs,
going pee pee (without pain),
and of course...
spending time with my family...
doing all the FUN things we used to do...
are FINALLY happening again!

And I love to hear people saying,
"We've got Jana back!"

So when Ron and Cameron had last Friday off of work...
I couldn't wait to JUMP back on the boat!
They got to FISH...
I got to READ !
(Okay I didn't read...we were having so much fun talking!) 
Photobucket
Ron was having fun FISHING...
 Photobucket
Cameron is always just FUN!
 Photobucket
I sure LOVE these two boys!
 Photobucket
I love the way they LOVE each other and 
LOVE being around each other! 
Photobucket
I find myself now thinking of FIRSTS!
(meaning... my firsts since my medical crap began)
This was my FIRST time to be back on the boat!
This was my FIRST time to wear my cute NEW (not so new now!) boating hat!
This was my FIRST time to get back into my swimsuit!
This was my FIRST time to see my weight loss in a picture!
This was my FIRST time to see a SMILE back on my face!
Photobucket
And it was the FIRST time that I began to FEEL
alive again!
I will always look at my life differently now..
and treasure each day,
by starting each day with a SMILE knowing that
I'm alive!

3 comments :

Jennifer B. Slack said...

Jana, I am SO glad to see you had a great time with Ron and Cameron. And most especially that you are alive and healthy!!! You are so wonderful! Looks like you had a great time together. I am so glad you are able to S.M.I.L.E.(2 Ne.9:39)Many hugs!

lytj said...

Happy for you to be able to enjoy life again.

Wendy W. said...

Jana - it makes me sad to hear all you've been through. It's these trials in life that turn people into angels. I see it everyday with my cancer patients. I love you and am glad life is returning to normal and you are happy. :)