Saturday, September 3, 2011

A new PASTIME...and what I've been up to!

It's time for me to get caught back up on my blog.
I can't believe 
SUMMER
has already passed by
and we are all back in school.
Makes me long for the DOG days of SUMMER...
except that
with the HOTTEST 
AUGUST on record...
I have no choice but to look forward to FALL
and some much needed cooler
temperatures!
I will post soon the pictures of the kids' first day of school,
oh golly life goes by FAST.
I've also taken on a new 
PASTIME!
Somehow I found a really FUN new blog...
all about repainting furniture and finding really fun
VINTAGE
type pieces and re purposing them.
I now have two projects under my belt and I'm so happy with the results!
I just finished a old-fashion barn bench today...
and it only took me a few hours...
the first project took me 4 days!
Yippeee...that means I'm getting the hang of it!
Here is my BEFORE and AFTERS:
Photobucket
The original was cute enough...
BUT
pink and it definitely wouldn't fit into my space being that color.
So I stripped off the paint and sanded it like crazy,
stained the top and painted the rest.
Photobucket
Here is my version:
antique white with a light blue drawer.
(Just wish I knew how to get better lighting from my camera!)
My Second Project was much easier, because I didn't have to strip off any paint!
Photobucket
I found this bench on Craigslist...my before shot!
Photobucket
AFTER
I wish I could get a better photo shot with all the 
distressed work, staining and waxing.
But here is how the room is turning out...
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have a few more projects for this room.
But I have to enlist the help of my best friend...
RON!
He isn't off this weekend like the rest of America,
so we will be doing it another day this week!
This project is really cool and I can't wait to post the
before and after on that one!


2 comments :

lytj said...

Looks gorgeous!

lytj said...

I am assuming that this is your living room that you are doing all of these amazing changed to, but am trying to decide for sure. It is beautiful!