Friday, July 9, 2010

No more KINDERGARTEN....



Even to say those words...
NO MORE KINDERGARTEN...
makes me sad.

I can't believe my BABY...is out of kindergarten and that I have no more "kindergarten days" to look forward to!
The BEST year a child has in school is kindergarten!
And despite this year...
being a HUGE adjustment for my Jakie...
I am proud of him and all his accomplishments!

*It was an accomplishment to keep him SAFE within the kindergarten walls...and to not RUN away from the school.
*It was an accomplishment that his teacher could see past some of his "quirks" and see a beautiful, smart and funny child.
*It was an accomplishment that mom didn't NEED to go visit him everyday...just to make sure her baby was okay!
*It was an accomplishment that he learned to use his WORDS to express his sadness and to know that he DID want to be heard by all who were willing to listen.

So if you need a really good smile today...watch this video...it may even make you laugh!

1 comment :

lytj said...

I've checked out all the new pictures you've added the last few days and enjoyed them all. Yesterday (or day before) I couldn't find the video to watch of Jacob's last day of kindergarten so glad it was on there today!