Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blog to Book and Final Cancun Thoughts

During my normal "blogging" hours this last week...
I have been creating a
"SUPER ADORABLE"
book from all the posts on this BLOG!

WOWZA...I had no idea what I was getting myself into!
I thought it was easy as getting online...
and letting the software do its thing!
Well the software does its thing but the problem is...
it is a crazy mess...
and every page had to be edited and recreated!

At first I was annoyed by this,
however I have enjoyed the ability to create something so beautiful and to get my creative juices flowing again!

I finally finished at midnight last night...
and after 5 straight nights of going to bed at midnight...
 I'm happy to say it is only missing ONE important post!

The final post about our dream vacation to Cancun!
At first I considered skipping it since it had been so long since I last posted about it...
but in putting together my blog book I realized these were memories and pictures I didn't want to forget.

1.  We made NEW friends.
Right outside our hotel room we found these...
  A Family of Iguanas!
I only got this one in a photograph but there was a little family living in the landscape of the hotel.
We looked for them everyday...
and they didn't disappoint!

2. Rest and Relaxation or Play til you Drop?
One of the things I was most looking forward to while in Cancun was the opportunity to get some much
needed R&R.
So I thought I would be doing a lot of sitting in a beach chair,
reading a book...
and watching the kids enjoy the ocean!
I even brought a couple of books to read but every time I would lay in my chair to read...
the ocean and the waves would CALL my name!

3.  The kids and Ron chose to
Play til you DROP!
Literally from Sun Up til Sun Down Ron didn't stop!
Some mornings he would get up before anyone else to walk on the beach.
 And he was ALWAYS in the water either snorkeling or
 boogie boarding!
 4.  Photography Mayhem
I always took advantage of every opportunity no matter how corney it might be...
 to take a picture...
because I NEVER wanted us to forget one moment of this trip!





5.  A Family that Plays Together...Stays Together!
What we really needed as a family was a chance to improve family relationships and no THERAPY can provide
what spending quality time
together as a family can do!
So we planned a FAMILY barbecue afternoon...
where we grilled hamburgers,
played wiffle ball...
played pool basketball...

swam in the pool and drank VIRGIN pina colada's...

and played sand volleyball until dark.





6. Mark off another item on my BUCKET list.
I have always, always
wanted to try parasailing.
We had decided that if we got the opportunity to go...
we would jump on it
and take the kids with us!
It did not disappoint.
 Katie and I.
 Christopher and Rachel.
Jacob and Ron.
Life doesn't get any better than a view at 300 feet!

7. We are a Home Depot Orange family through and through.
Once Ron heard that Cancun had a Home Depot he knew he had to go check it out!
So we loaded on a city bus and headed downtown.
It actually took us two city buses and some walking but we found it and it was like Christmas day for Ron...
but not because we found The Home Depot,
but because we happened upon the BEST Mexican food we have ever eaten and we could smell it from the minute we stepped off the bus!
Ron was convinced right then...
right there that we were eating lunch here!
 The only problem...
there was no place to eat and it was HOT, HOT, HOT outside.

No worries...because the food was WORTH it!
Yum, Yum, Yum!

8.  There are AMAZING people everywhere.
We always felt safe in Cancun and we loved the many people we met on our excursions,
at our hotel,
our housekeepers,
our concierge,
our bus drivers,
the people on the street,
and especially our waiters and those who served us.
We especially loved our waiter on our last night in Cancun.
We decided to go to a nice buffet restaurant at our hotel to celebrate the week that was.
The food, the atmosphere, the music made it all magical.


  The people we met just made us feel
like a special little family whom they seemed to LOVE being around...
and we loved to be around them.
That's why when we crossed over our water bridge for the last time we had bittersweet feelings...
such an amazing fun-filled,
memory-filled,
joy-filled trip...
and hoping we didn't forget a single thing about it!

No comments :