Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Teenagers

 
{Brenley, Mitch, Rachel, Chris, Sydney, Micaela, Brett, Jagen, Bailey, Brady}
Lately I have been staying up with my
TEENAGERS.

I'm either staying up because I am waiting for them to get home in time for curfew...
or I'm staying up listening to ALL the many stories
or concerns
they have with friends, boys/girls, or school.

I really LOVE that my teenagers want to TELL me everything but sometimes it hurts
to hear all their frustrations and concerns.
Or how they feel they aren't pretty enough, good looking enough, smart enough or funny enough.

How can I convince my sweet teenage children that they are ALL these things and so much more?
All I really want to do is tuck them inside each one of my arms...
where I have more LOVE for them
than anyone else
besides God Himself...
and keep them there where I know I can keep them safe
from the "crap" that surrounds them.

But that isn't part of God's plan.
So we teach them.
Love them.
Guide them.
Serve them.
Give them the tools they need to spread their wings so they can fly.

So when Rachel asked me if she could join
Christopher's group of friends
to hike the Peppersauce Caves in Tucson, AZ...
my initial thought was one of panic.
Teenage boys would be driving...and would they be safe?
Would they be careful in the cave...or would she panic when the openings got to small?
Would they have enough water?
Would they have enough light?

But I decided to replace my fears with trust.
I had to trust my teaching.
I had to trust our preparation.
I had to trust I had done enough...
so I could let them fly.
Sydney, Micaela and Chris being "cool".
 
Rachel, Sydney and Micaela showing that girls know how to get down and dirty and still be cute doing it!
I'm so glad I did because these experiences help shape our children's lives...
teaching them to be independent and strong
and capable of doing anything they put their minds too!

Teenagers=Amazingness

No comments :