Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Good Things to Come...

One of my GREATEST strengths
is my ability to 
see the good in all the things around me.


No matter what my trials or circumstances may be...
I manage to smile,
laugh,
or find a way to learn from each experience I'm given.
I remember when I was little I told my mom I was depressed and her response was,
"You're too happy to be depressed!"

While that is NOT at all what I wanted to hear as a child who thought my world was coming to an end,
with just about every circumstance I faced as a teenager,
it is exactly what I needed to hear
and have been words that have blessed my life both then and now!
They are the words...

"YOUR TOO HAPPY TO BE DEPRESSED!"

As part of this Christmas season
 I decided that each night I would spend a few minutes with each one of my children
INDIVIDUALLY
and share a message of hope, love and faith.

I KNEW exactly the message I wanted to share when I read this quote tonight from a missionary friend who posted this on
FACEBOOK
from Gordon B. Hinckley.
"Don't be gloomy.  Do not dwell on unkind things.
Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.
Even if you are not happy,
put a smile on your face.
'Accentuate the positive.'
Look a little deeper for the good.
Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart.
Love life."

And lastly, I shared this video message with them.

I put my arms around ONE who was especially having a hard day and told him,
"Don't you quit!
You Keep Walking.
You keep trying.
There is help and happiness ahead.
Some blessings come soon, 
some come late, 
and some don't come until HEAVEN,
but for those who embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
they come.
It will be alright in the end.
Trust God and believe in good things to come."
--Jeffrey R. Holland
 And with that message my ONE who was hesitant to let me share with him tonight...
softened,
he listened,
and we embraced.

The spirit of the Lord had touched his heart...
and will touch all our hearts
IF we believe
that Good things DO and WILL come.

No comments :