Thursday, December 5, 2013

Color me Beautiful

One of my greatest blessings this past year
has been
serving in the Young Women's as a Laurel adviser.
Recently, during a planning meeting
for our upcoming
Young Women's in Excellence night...
I suggested that instead of another "church-like" meeting we do something a little different
to HONOR our amazing young women 
and the amazing
ACCOMPLISHMENTS
they have had this past year.

During my childhood years I had the opportunity to work with some amazing 
YOUNG WOMEN
leaders that I still admire to this day.
It was in 1986 that I had an opportunity to work with
MaryKay Bird
on a planning committee in which we planned the
Young Women in Excellence
program for that year.
MaryKay taught me how to be a leader, how to listen and take direction from others, and how to plan an activity.

That year...
We planned a FASHION SHOW.
It gave the girls an opportunity to shine and show their talents in a unique way.  It was one of the highlights of my childhood.

So in honor of MaryKay...
another FASHION SHOW for the
Cortina 3rd ward young women 
was planned.

Our theme for the night was...
COLOR ME BEAUTIFUL.
The idea behind Color Me Beautiful is that
because each Young Women's value has a color associated with it...
that has each girl lives and incorporates these values into their daily life it will enhance and beautify there life.
Let the SHOW begin.


I love how beautiful our tables turned out...
with each table representing one of the Young Women Values.
I love that I share these amazing experiences with my two daughters!

Then came the FASHION SHOW!
Each girl or leader "wore" the experience or project they had worked on throughout the year...
some thought "outside" the box...
while others could actually "wear" there project.
The Young Women Leaders went first...
to show the girls how to work the 
CATWALK!
Oh yes...
 girls...
we moms can still work it!!!
Our FINAL BOW!
I love these amazing women I have the chance to work with. 
These ladies make me be a better leader and a more loving daughter of God.
I also had the opportunity to
emcee the Laurels as they walked the Catwalk.
 I absolutely love these girls...
 they are beautiful both inside and out!
Rachel wore a "Nephi" costume as she is working on reading the
Book of Mormon
this year.  Her hero is Nephi because of his courage to do what the Lord asked...even when it wasn't easy!
Our sweet Mia-Maids take a final bow!

Katie's project this year was to plan a two-week meal plan for our family, then go grocery shopping for the supplies,
and finally prepare the meals.
I was especially GRATEFUL for this one!
She dressed as a VERY cute chef!
Our talented and FUN beehives!

Hopefully the girls felt honored for all their hard work and dedication to being the
young women God intended them to be!
Nothing gives me greater JOY than being able to
SERVE with these amazing people!

I know this calling has helped
COLOR ME MORE BEAUTIFUL...
just to be with all of you!

No comments :