Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cracks...in our foundation!

Ever since I left the kids' father...My children hear from old friends who ask,
"Is your MOM happy?"
Funny how these "old friends" don't seem to know the answer,
and have to ask my children.
On the surface, my life is HAPPY!
But their are cracks that threaten our very foundation.
Leaving was not an EASY decison...and one I did not take lightly.
This was a decision I made after prayer, study and lots of meditation.
I had NO IDEA that so many people would invest so much EMOTION and JUDGEMENT on a decision that would affect them so little.
So when you ask my children if their mom is happy,
you put a crack in our very foundation.
My children are SMART and they know what you are asking!
I was GIVEN a promise when I left.
It was about my children.
BUT it required me to do my part...which I'm trying SO hard to do.
And I believe that if I do my part,
God will do his part.
I also believe HIS love can fill those cracks...
and rebuild the foundation.
And in so doing,
our family can have ALL the happiness that God has promised all his righteous people.
And hopefully,
no more questions about my happiness...and only your own.

No comments :