Monday, July 8, 2013

Wrapped in the arms of love...

I would give anything to go back
to the idyllic
vacation we just had in Missouri.
Lillyanna, Rachel, Jacob, Katie, Baylie, Tanner, Nora
(missing: 14 other grandkids) 
Todd, Dad, Mom, Gary, Me and David
(missing: Scott, Kevin, Donna, Kent)
Since we left Missouri last Friday morning...
we decided to make a pit stop in Amarillo, Texas
so Ron could cross an item off his bucket list.
Ever since he made the drive to Missouri that first summer in 2007,
he has been wanting to stop at the
BIG TEXAN
and do the 72 oz. steak challenge.
This is what 72 oz. of meat looks like...
 After 69 oz. of meat and a baked potato
he had reached his limit
and had to stop.
We only had been on the road a few seconds before we had to 
pull over...
he was SICK!
We changed our plans of making it to New Mexico and grabbed a hotel in Amarillo, TX...
 it was early enough that we could still enjoy the pool and a movie.
After only being in the pool for a few minutes...
Rachel dives into a 3 Ft. pool, hits her head and gets a
Mild Concussion.
She's now sick!
We got home much later than planned Saturday night
only to wake up Sunday morning with our A/C unit out!
 It was only 113 degrees yesterday!
And lastly...
Rachel got stung by a scorpion yesterday morning!

Vacation is officially over...
Real life has begun!


A few weeks before vacation I was faced with some extremely
stressful challenges.
Challenges that had taken the JOY from my life.

Our vacation couldn't have come at a better time in my life personally.
And it seemed that from the minute we arrived in
Missouri
all I felt was comfort, peace and
JOY!

That made me think...
for some reason being around the safety and security of my
LOVING PARENTS and FAMILY...
made me feel happy again...
and SAFE!
I gained some of my self-confidence back.
I gained some of my value back.
I gained some of my trust back.
I gained my JOY back.

If I could gain all that back with human beings that are
imperfect and flawed...
then maybe what I've needed all along is to
wrap my arms in the love of my
HEAVENLY FATHER...
who is perfect
and HIS love unconditional and unmatchable.
His arms are always outstretched...
waiting to gather us in...
in our moments of extreme challenges and trials.

We just have to go to HIM.
I have to go to HIM.
He is waiting.

I'm still wondering why it feels a little like a
"slap in the face"
to return to real life so abruptly...
facing so many challenges...
but I've remembered
where I can turn!

 
 

 
 

No comments :