Saturday, August 24, 2013

Desert River View in a Kayak

Some people never get used to the 
DESERT
landscape of Arizona.

Even though I grew up in the green hills of Missouri...
I have grown to love the
Arizona landscape.

At 5 a.m. this morning we loaded up our cars and headed to the
beautiful Salt River
to Kayak with the Priests and Laurels
in our ward.
 We arrived just as the sun was rising and I was
reminded once again
of the beautiful creation of our loving
Heavenly Father.

Having the opportunity to spend the day
with these beauties just made it even more spectacular!
 It was even more special that
CHRISTOPHER
was on this trip with me!
 

Ali girl...
so beautiful inside and out!
Gonna miss you so much when you leave in September.
She was teaching me how to take
"Selfie"
pictures.

Haha...she says it takes practice!
But the BEST face of the day goes to...
 Jessica!
Way to go Chris for jumping in to save the day.
Chivalry is NOT dead ladies!
Mostly...we just enjoyed our time together
and the beautiful desert view.
 
Just looking at this picture makes me smile!
Jessica with her "dead" fish!


So many great people and so many wonderful memories!

I recently heard a quote from poet
James Barrie
"God gives us memories, that we might have June roses in the
December of our lives."
There will be a time when I'm living in the December of my life that I will look back on this memory...
and be grateful God gave me this June rose.
Having the opportunity to serve in this calling has been one of
my greatest blessings.

Spending time with my family and friends...
in the June of my life
enjoying all that God has to offer me
is one beautiful
JUNE ROSE. 

Thank you God, for yet another one!

No comments :