Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Progress Report #3 and tidbits!

I've been wanting to post another
Progress Report
for awhile with the hope that I could say...

"I've lost 10 lbs and 5 inches."

 Since that hasn't happened and I haven't lost
any weight
and zero inches...
I thought it wouldn't be fair of me to at least report what has happened since I started this journey to
JUMP BACK INTO MY LIFE.

I started on July 10th with the hopes and expectations that everything would change overnight.
I'm learning that
PATIENCE
is necessary if you want REAL change to happen.

I have also learned...
1.  I love, love, love ZUMBA!
It gives me the best feeling when I'm done.
I love that I have found an exercise that I look forward to going to and am bummed when my schedule doesn't allow me to go!
I also loves these awesome ladies.
Our instructor just so happens to be my sweet
daughter-in-law's mother!
She is a great Zumba instructor!
Chelsea inspires me to to get my groove on!

2.  That true change takes time and great effort...
but is worth it in the end.
Ron talked me into going on one of his bike rides last week...
but I didn't want to go!
He always rides way faster than me and it is too bloody HOT outside!
But I went and I'm really glad I did because I discovered
just how far I had come in just one month at getting back into shape!
I couldn't believe I could keep up with him...
and that I wasn't out of breath doing it!
So while I may not be seeing progress on the scale...
I am feeling better!
I feel stronger, healthier, and more energetic.
It's something...and I will take it!

3.  I'm still counting calories but doctors tell me I'm not eating enough and the scale tells me I'm eating too much!
Still working on...
still progressing...
but I won't give up until I find what's right for me!

***********************

Some random tidbits:
We enjoyed a fun evening over the weekend
at the baseball game.
Ron loves baseball games but we haven't had the chance all season to go.
This was one of his birthday presents...
tickets to a Diamondbacks game.
Ron loves his kids and his family.




  
The fireworks were amazing at the end of the night and what made it even more awesome
was that we won in the ninth inning on a home run by
Goldsmith! 

We also enjoyed having Kent and Whitney with us ALL day Saturday.
They went with us to our Combined Mutual activity at
Mesquite Groves Pool.
Rachel with her friend Toni.
 Katie with her friend Melissa!
I'm so bummed I didn't take my camera and get any more pictures of this fun day!
Let's just say we ended up at 
Freddy's Frozen Custard
for the yummiest french fries and fry sauce on the planet...
and at Iceberg's
for the yummiest milkshakes you will ever eat!
So glad we could have such a great weekend with so many of our family members!

****************************
One last tidbit:
Thank you to so many of you who have commented either by email, Facebook, text message or face to face encounters
on how much you enjoy my blog.
I originally started doing my blog again for my own personal history and so my
extended family who live far away
could feel connected to our families lives.
But instead I feel that I'm connecting to such a larger group of friends and family
that I didn't even know
cared about us.
I am touched that you would all want to share this journey with me as I continue to enjoy all the
Love's of My Life.

No comments :