Friday, August 2, 2013

Togetherness

Part 2:

It is not very often that we manage to get all 
SEVEN
of our young women together in one place and at the same time.
But we did it...
and it doesn't hurt that we had the funnest activity planned.
My personal favorite:
BOATING!

Ever since I was young and would go on my friends family boat...
I have had a love for boating and the water.
I have ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS
wanted a man with a boat!
So when I met Ron and he had a boat...
well it was love at first sight!
Of the boat that is!
Haha...well not true, not true at all.
But I did think it was pretty sexy that he had a boat.
So last year when we had the opportunity to purchase an even
BIGGER boat...
one that would fit our family better...
we jumped on it!

I have never been more happy of any decision as I have had of us buying this boat.
I like to say,
that a family that boats 
TOGETHER
stays TOGETHER!

That is just as true for my little family I have at church with my group of girls known as the 
LAUREL class.

Just looking at the pictures and seeing their happy,
smiling faces confirmed to me
once again...
that enjoying nature,
doing something fun together,
and laughing
(and oh boy, did we do a lot of laughing)
can truly bring a group
TOGETHER.

Have I mentioned before how much I love, love, love
these beautiful girls?
Well, I will mention it again and again because
I do!
 Bailey is our artist extraordinaire!

Jessica and Megan...always up for having FUN!
Montana keeps us laughing...
I always tell her she needs to do 
stand up comedy! 
Seriously, this girl has some serious comedy skills! 
 Megan, Jessica and Katee looking forward to the first tube ride!
 Our beautiful, bronzed Sydnee!
We tubed from the time we got onto the lake
until sundown!


 I laughed so hard...
that my stomach hurt the next day!
 Our cute Tenille couldn't hang on any longer...
 and she was going...
 going...
 No chance of recovery...
 GONE!


Did I mention how much we laughed?
It made up for not getting my sit-up work out in for the day!

Our family loves to jump off this one cliff and I couldn't resist taking the girls to it too.
Sydnee and I jumping together!
 Jessica and Megan 
with a nice photobomb from Katee!
 Montana...I love her form!
 I love that when someone suggested we all jump
TOGETHER...
 that no one missed a BEAT!

 Except for these TWO...
haha...
 they did do it and it cracks me up that it was these two that didn't jump at the last minute with the rest of us
because they are the two that are the 
most alike!
If you know them at all...
this picture says it all!!
 But as the SUN was going down...
 and we only had a few more minutes left together...
I love that we had put aside for the day
any differences...
any schedules...
any boys or distractions...
and that they all choose to spend those last few minutes on the lake
TOGETHER!





Now that's enough to make us
ALL
jump for joy!

2 comments :

Lacey said...

SO fun!!

Now I'm waiting for our invitation to go boating!!! ;)

Allison B Carlson said...

Im sad im not considered a part of the class anymore.. :(