Sunday, August 11, 2013

Firsts

Even though I posted the kids'
FIRST
day of school on Facebook and Instagram...
I wanted to share a couple more pictures on my blog
 as I get a chance to 
ADD
a few of my thoughts as I sent each one of my kids out the door this week and into a new school year.

I have four children in three different schools...
starting at four different times.
Trying to keep up with our new and hectic schedule was a little challenging to say the least.

Last week during church I had an impression that we needed
to have a special family home evening
that night where each member of our family
could share their testimony.
I wanted each one of my children to start the year feeling strengthened by the words of our family members.
As each child was sharing their testimony...
I could feel each one of my children's strengths.

It gave me a chance to reflect on my hopes and dreams for them for this upcoming school year.
Chris-Junior Year (16 yrs old)
My wish for you is to let your light shine.
Don't be afraid to be yourself...
and don't let anyone else shut out the beautiful light of Christ.
You are an example to many and let that include
most importantly...
your siblings.
 Rachel-Freshman Year (14 yrs old)
You have made many changes this summer. The decisions you have made for yourself...
even though
they are GOOD choices...
 will cause you to feel a loneliness you have never felt before.
But don't ever give in to the world's temptations,
because when you choose to follow the LORD...
you are never ALONE!
Katie - Seventh Grade (12 yrs old)
You are beginning to see yourself as the strong, capable and extremely talented young lady
that I have seen in you for many years.
I love that when you found out you made the volleyball team the first thing out of your mouth was,
"Now it's time to make the starting team!"
You did just that and I am so proud of you!
Remember you can do anything you set your mind to if you are willing to truly work at it!
Jacob - Fourth grade (9 yrs old)
You have learned this last year what a smart young man you are.
Always use that gift
to help others and to inspire yourself to accomplish great things.
It's hard to believe you are my last child left at 
CORTINA.
So proud of you for going at it alone and for working so hard at school to be good and having a positive, happy attitude!

I'm sure we will see many challenges...
 the ups and downs that come with life...
memories will be made...
goals will be set and accomplished...
but I know we can enjoy and get through it all...
since we will be doing it together!

I love you all!

No comments :