Monday, June 24, 2013

Dust Bowl...Part 2

I'm catching up on sleep...
(sort of)
something about the lack of sleep...
the conditions...
and always having something to do and somewhere to be
has caused me to lack my usual
happy-go-lucky
ways.

In fact if I'm really being honest...
I don't feel like myself!
As much as I loved being with some amazing youth leaders
and some amazing young women,
it has taken a toll on my emotional and physical well-being.

So I'm hoping that as I continue this post with all the pictures...
it will help to cheer me up!
Nothing like a great set of pictures to remind you of the 
wonderful memories you created!

Day 2: Hike
I was lucky enough to be able to go on the hike with the
Third-year girls.
These are the girls my daughter Rachel's age.
They are a hoot and find joy in everything they do!
It was a good thing too...
it was a REALLY hard hike
and their enthusiasm and excitement for life kept me going! 
 Our THIRD YEAR group of girls!
 I think this picture is a perfect example of the amount of 
DIRT
we had being kicked up at us all day long.
For one day...we girlies had dirt mustaches to enjoy!

Our Third-Year group with leaders from just our WARD.
You can see our mustaches in this one!
Once we returned we took a much needed shower!
I couldn't wait to get the layers of dirt off of me and to remove my mustache once and for all!
We played a lot of games this night.
Our two favorites?
BIG BOOTY and BUNNY, BUNNY!



Our super hip and way cooler than me-camp director
helped us make really cute headbands...
which I ended up using the rest of camp to deal with my
wild and crazy hair.
I'm wearing it in this picture...
and I wore it in every picture until I went home!
 Lastly one of the things I was most looking forward to in going to camp was the opportunity I would have of going with my
two daughters.
And while I LOVED that I got to spend that time with them...
they were usually too busy with friends
to care if I was there or not.
But Megan is one of my GIRLS too.
She was our only Laurel to go to camp this year
(except for the last day)
and I gained a whole new appreciation for this amazing young lady.
She is my new inspiration.
I know if I look to her example and strength
I can get my groove back on...
and SHINE!

Postscript: Will post our final day tomorrow...which turned out to be my favorite day of all.

No comments :