Saturday, June 29, 2013

Girls Camp...Final thoughts.

 The best day at GIRLS CAMP?
Bishop's day!
When certification is over for the girls including a service project
 and first-aid instruction...
 the girls get to look forward to
Bishop's arrival and the much anticipated
games and celebration
that follow!
While we wait...
I snapped some shots
of our sweet girls.
Katie and Melissa
 Jillian and Kaylin
 Jessica and Jacque
 L to R: Sydney, Izzy, McKenna, Chelsea, Devin, Aubree
 Maija, April, Topanga, Baylie, Ashely, Kierstie, Baylee, Lindsey, Julie
Mariah, Rachel, McKenna, Megan, me
Sister Power:
 Mckenna and Megan
 Rachel and Katie
 Ashley and Jessica
 Briley and Izzy
 Always in the mood for more games!
Katie really came out of her quiet shell and SHINED!
Let the Bishop games begin!

 Ummm...yea this is harder than it looks!
Team work guys...
team work!
 Water fight with a obstacle race twist!
 I love this picture...
it's my two girls going straight for the 
BISHOP!
A Bishop can't come up for game day and NOT get wet!


Rope Bridge!
 I'm totally bummed I didn't get more pictures of our
10 ft. wall challenge!
We had to get 22 girls, 8 women leaders, 3 bishopric members
over the wall in 7 minutes!
I loved this challenge most of all.
I loved how everyone worked together and watching the strong
women lift each girl, women and men up and over the wall!
And I love that Skye who was left...
 had to take a running leap of faith that those women would grab him and lift him over...
just as the horn went off!
He did it...
we did it...
and loud cheers rang out making me
 love all these people even more!
We finished the night with a great lesson from our 
BISHOP
and a testimony from each of our wonderful young women  and leaders!
Then to finish the celebration:
ONE BIG GROUP HUG...
DILLY BARS...
and a DANCE PARTY!




I was 15 the last time I went to GIRLS CAMP...
so a long time ago.
After the memories we made over these few days it makes me wish I hadn't waited so long to go back!
And one thing is for sure...
there was no place in the world I would have rather been than
at GIRLS CAMP
with the Cortina 3rd Ward girlies!

No comments :