Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saying Goodbye...

I'm saying goodbye to my 16-year old son
Christopher
tomorrow for eight weeks!
Yikes!
When my sister and her husband first offered him a job for the summer back in March I was ecstatic!
It would be a wonderful opportunity for him to gain some independence
and some financial freedom!
But I have to admit...
this week I've been a little anxious about the whole thing!
 I'm not the only one...
we took Chris to lunch today and he could barely eat his food!
It's hard to grow up...
but I'm not sure which one of us it is harder for...
him or me!?!
Chris and I have always had a great relationship
but he has always
relied on me too much.
He didn't speak until after he was three years old...
He didn't want to dress himself until he was in 2nd grade...
He didn't want to read or learn the alphabet until he was in first grade and we had him "tested"...
he has always just enjoyed me doing all those things for him
and now it's time to grow up.
I'm calling it
GROWING PAINS.
We've spent the week getting him prepared...
we opened a bank account...
bought new clothes...
bought work clothes...
packed up his room...
packed him a suitcase...
took him to lunch a few times...
a movie one night...
and spent as much time with him as he would allow.
 I'm excited for him...
scared for him...
anxious for him...
and VERY proud of him for doing something so
GROWN UP!

****************************
We tried to get our kids to go swimming with us this morning in a last stitch effort to have us 
ALL together once last time before Christopher leaves...
no one wanted to go with us
and the kids missed out.
We had the entire community pool to ourselves!
It only lasted 5 minutes...
but we will take it!
***************************
I watched one of my sweet Laurel's dance today!
Megan is our Laurel President and she is the
kindest, most thoughtful young ladies you will ever meet!
She is also an exceptional dancer and it was such a pleasure to watch her perform!
******************************
On a FINAL note:
Rachel's friends were over tonight and they told me they have started reading my BLOG!
They were acting so silly and even asked Rachel to cut their hair!
I told them if they were willing to let her do something
that crazy then they would make it on my BLOG!
So here you silly boys go....

Teenage boys'
will let cute teenage girls' 
do just about anything to them!
So glad these silly boys' love to have a good time!

No comments :