Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My view today...

I was blessed to drive by this beautiful building today.
We drive by it a lot.
It is only 4.5 miles from our house.
We have been watching it being built since 2010.
It was announced in April of 2008...and we've been anxiously awaiting it's completion ever since!
It is almost done!
I can hardly wait to go inside.
It is the Gilbert, Arizona Temple!

Last year during Spring Break... 
Christopher had the opportunity to do a Mormon Trek with other kids his age.
They started at the San Tan Mountains...
working handcarts through the hills and sand floor...


 With high's in the low 90's and the desert floor non-forgiving...
pushing these carts was not easy!
In fact it was hard.
But after three days...
and 26 miles
 I spotted this!
It was a beautiful sight.
It still brings tears to my eyes.
They had set their sights...
HEADED to the Mountain of the Lord.
They had set their sights on this:
 The Gilbert, Arizona Temple!

And we were there...
 Singing hymns and crying!
They had made it!
My son had learned some incredible lessons during those 3 days.
But the one I want him to remember today is...
that he learned he could do 
HARD THINGS
as long as he kept his eyes
on the LORD.
I love you son.
Always have...
always will!
 

No comments :