Saturday, February 23, 2013

Biting OFF more than I can chew?

 This morning I woke up to a song by 
PINK called,
"TRY".
I had to laugh inside when I heard the words,
"Just because it burns...doesn't mean you're gonna die,
you gotta get up and TRY, TRY, TRY!"

I was only laughing because I was "trying" to decide   
if I was going to get my lazy self outside and continue to
do my training to run a 5K.

My sister-in-law is an amazing marathon runner and I've always thought it was cool...
but anytime I start to train...
I last about 2 days and I give up.
I literally can't run longer than a minute stretch and I'm 
hurting so bad.
I kept thinking,
how will I ever run a marathon if I can't run for more than a few feet!
So I decided I would TRY to start small...
just a 5K
and I would let someone else show me how to train!

You can find anything on Pinterest!
I have to admit that up until today...
I've been pretty motivated.

Ever since my surgery over two years ago...
I've lived in 
FEAR
 of trying anything that just might help my body feel better!
 I will have to work on figuring out the WHY behind it but until then I want to just get out and accomplish
something so I can prove to myself and to my body
that I can do HARD things as long as I
TRY!  
So thanks to my gal pal
PINK,
she gave me the motivation I needed to
TRY, TRY, TRY!

(Funny thing is...it isn't want the song is really about!)
But I downloaded it from iTunes
and began to
 RUN!
Anytime I wanted to give up trying...
I turned her song back on for motivation!          
 Even when I got the phone call from my kids that they were 
FIGHTING
I just brought her out to take pictures
and kept on going!
I can do this as long as I just

TRY!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

I love the post. Just keep those skinny legs moving and you'll be running 5k's everyday!