Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our EVERYDAY busy life in review....

Back in December...
about the time I was having another birthday!
Yikes...42!!
I was saying my nightly prayers and began thanking 
my Heavenly Father
for all the good things in my life.
I call it my gratitude prayer as it opened my eyes to ALL the amazingly good things about my life.
In that quiet moment between my Heavenly Father
and me
I came to understand that my life today...
is my very own 
HEAVEN on EARTH
and I love that our loving Heavenly Father wants me to see it that way in the regular everyday busyness of life.
So while I continue to be one of those busy working moms...
life couldn't be any sweeter and I thought I would share
some of what our regular busy weeks are look like!
MONDAY
I love that the church sets aside one day a week for Family time called Family Home Evening.
In an effort to be better acquainted with those that speak to us as PROPHETS and APOSTLES
I put the names and pictures of each of them to a game called
MEMORY!

We had so much FUN
playing this game together and I love that my teenagers
never complain about singing songs or talent time!
You kids all ROCK! 
Whitney also came to visit...I wish I would have gotten a FUN
picture of us together,
but I'm still working HARD on remembering
I'm going to BLOG again!
We went to Costa Vida and I love that her and Kent live close enough to me that I feel like I have 
FAMILY close by! 
Rachel is on her 
LAST full week of JUNIOR HIGH
cheerleading
and cheered for the semi-final boys FOOTBALL game
which is Undefeated and I think it is ALL
because those cute cheerleaders
make it happen!
(More on this later)
TUESDAY
It's my DAD's birthday...he is 74!
We sent him a McDonald's gift card because he likes their
BREAKFASTS! 
Who doesn't, right?
WORK MEETING-Me
Bike ride-Ron and I
Cub Scouts-Jacob
Volleyball tryouts-Chris
Volleyball-Katie
Cheer practice-Rachel
Are you getting the picture...we are BUSY!
Lastly, mutual night for all of us but Ron and Jacob!
WEDNESDAY
WORK MEETING AND LUNCH-Me
Yearbook-Katie and Rachel
Volleyball game - Katie and they WON! 
I will definitely do an entire BLOG
post on Katie's Volleyball because she seriously has skills!
THURSDAY
The BIGGEST and most exciting event of today was
CORTINA tigers football team
made it to the championship game...and Rachel got to cheer for it!
Rachel's cheer team--with the TIGER!
This was Rachel's last time to CHEER during her
JUNIOR HIGH
career and what a way to end it with the boys winning and
going undefeated for the season.
She also cheered for the boys Basketball season and they won the championship and went undefeated back in November. It has been
a fun two seasons and she has learned so much.
They learned a SWEET halftime dance which I will try to get the video of and post and lifts, buckets, cradles, etc.!
I know I'm her mom...
but I think she is the BEST cheerleader 
on the whole team!   
 Rachel's friends came to support her including 
Amorette Letner who moved this season to a new school.
        Her very best church friends who yelled for her the whole game!
DOUBLE champions...the Cortina TIGERS!
FRIDAY
Fun shopping day with Chelsea and visit with Cameron...
Ron got off work just in time to have
one of the funnest visits with them.
Sure do love all our kids...EVEN the grown ones!
Date night with the best date in town...
My sweet hubby!
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY--
Chris made the JV volleyball team...congrats buddy!
SATURDAY
While Chris went off to work with his dad for the day...
the rest of us headed
NORTH
for a WINTER kind of day!
We heard there was NO snow in Flagstaff but when we woke
up this morning...
we found out they were having a winter storm and the sledding area
was OPEN!
So we rushed to get ready and began DRIVING the 3 hours
to FLAGSTAFF.
We were hopeful there was SNOW when we saw these clouds.
Within a few minutes we saw this:
 This was Jacob's birthday wish...
a day of sledding.
So we made his WISH come true...
and I'm oh so glad we did!
   This 9-year old boy makes me SMILE!
He probably thanked us 10 or so times for taking him!
Katie made a SNOW angel...she is an angel!
Rachel is the BEST sister in town...pulling these guys up the hill!
Jacob wanted to make a snowman...but the snow wouldn't stick!
 You're never TOO old to have FUN sledding.  
I cracked myself up that everytime I went down the HILL
I would squeal with laughter!
 Jacob and I loved to RACE!







The pictures don't show what kind of crazy weather we had
but it was a 
WHITE OUT
and my kids loved it since they have only ever seen
snow falling one other time in their life!
For us desert rats...
we did alright!
Now it's time to REST our weary minds
while we get ready for 
SUNDAY
and for another busy week for the
Flewellen
and
Adelmann clan!  
 
      
  
          

No comments :