Monday, February 25, 2013

Shooting Therapy

On the eve of my oldest child's
16th
birthday...
it has allowed me time to think about the day I brought
CHRISTOPHER
into this world and how my life was forever changed.

He has always been small for his age...
a little shy...
but not too shy that he won't talk if you ask him something...
didn't talk until after his 3rd birthday...
perfectly happy letting mommy doing everything for him...
and emotionally a very sensitive child.

That's why his parents divorce
*yep...that would be me*
pretty much CRUSHED his world.
(to be continued)

****************

Since then we try to find ways to bring our family closer together.
So this weekend
we did a little 
SHOOTING THERAPY.
We drove to our favorite spot in the desert and as soon as we got out of the truck
it began to snow!  


 This just added to the excitement and brought Christopher to encourage the girls to catch the snowflakes on their tongues.
I love how truly different my girls are!
 Nothing wrong with them having their own personality and this picture displays it perfectly!
 I wish my kids could understand one thing...
"There is nothing more beautiful than to see your children love each other!"--Mom's everywhere
 Katie announced to us on the drive over that she now weighs almost 70 pounds! She is still wearing size 8 (she is 12)...
so she practically froze to death.
She spent the first 20 minutes in the truck
until the sun came out! 
Jacob never could figure out how to get his hearing protection in...Ron finally showed him the trick!
 I'm so impressed at how good of shots our kids have become...
I don't do too bad myself when 
I'm not freezing cold!
 Jacob prefers his slingshot, football and frisbee he brought than the guns!
 Chris showed off his skills...
scout camps and outings with Ron have really paid off!
 The gun is as big as Katie!
 Rachel completely shocked me...
this girl is so amazing!
I had no idea she had gotten this good!
 I never get tired of watching my kids enjoy time together!  
Or helping each other!




 One thing you can always count on with this man...
he loves his family
very much...
even one that came to him
unconventionally...
and he loves to make us happy...
he loves to teach our family how to do fun things together...
and he loves to shoot.

So why did I label this post shooting therapy?

Because two members of our family hadn't spoken to each other in two weeks...
and within two minutes of shooting...
they were back talking, laughing and enjoying each other's company!
Just like old times!    

 

 



             

1 comment :

Unknown said...

This reminds me of something I told Chelsea. One day, I said to her, "If you ever feel like I need to relax or that I am a little stressed the best thing you can do is to take me shooting." I love it! It is so relaxing and fun!