Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Sweet Laurels

Back in July I received the best church calling.
I became our ward's 
LAUREL adviser.
First and foremost, I was excited to work with
Katee Woffinden
our Young Women's President.
 She is
young, vibrant, hip, cool, artistic, smart and just the funnest person to be around!
But this last Sunday,
they announced our WARD would be split.

So while others are contemplating what the boundaries will be...
I've been thinking about
my wonderful
LAURELS.
I can only hope and pray I get to continue to work with.
When I first became their leader...
I felt inadequate and OLD!
However, the LORD taught me what I should do...
LOVE them!
Well that was easy because the girls are all amazing, talented, sweet, kind, loving and so much fun to be around.
 I feel 
that I just received an additional set of kids to 
LOVE and NURTURE!
So I'm dedicating this POST to all the fun adventures
we've had
and keeping my fingers crossed that I can have many more!
 We always LOVE our FOOD nights...
Megan and Jessica helped me figure out what to order at
ZUPA's which had just opened up in Mesa!
 
 We had a recipe exchange and made these cute recipe holders and ate like crazy!
 I LOVED making them FUN treats...
including these for the first day of school.
I have made LOTS of handouts for our lessons...
and Gift Cards to
Yogurt Jungle
for Christmas!

  They even took me on my FIRST ever
Kayaking trip down the Salt River with the Priests...
I had so much FUN...
Ali had all the boys flirting with her from a different ward...
and I had fun helping her
sink their canoe...
I love how self-assured she is and am so excited for her that she
got accepted to BYU-Idaho...
although I will miss her too!
      We had a paint war with the PRIESTS...
however, this picture is of Rachel's Mia Maid group because
I never took a picture with my cute Laurels! 

  We watched this sweet girl Sydnee
swim in the STATE championship meet!
She rocked it...
and I loved watching her...she is so talented and kind.

  Our sweet girls got up at 3:30 a.m. to go to the temple right before Christmas break.
I had the opportunity to stand and hand them towels
as they got done doing the baptisms...
my heart was so full of
LOVE for them.
I could feel each time I wrapped a towel around them...
Heavenly Father's 
amazing and unconditional LOVE he had for each of them...
and I wanted to share it with them.
We stopped at McDonald's on our way home for breakfast...
and the kids still made it on time to school!
I was so proud of them and their dedication to the gospel!
(The Laurel's were in a different car...but I enjoyed getting to know these sweet girls as well as having Rachel and Katie with me.)
 We couldn't resist a photo in front of this
FUN car someone drove to mutual one night as we were leaving
to play volleyball at the Stake Center.
I love Rachel...and she loves her friends!
   


 More of our sweet young women!


  These girls LOVE to take pictures!




  Yep...we love to have fun
and we 
LOVE to LOVE each other
and I can't imagine what my life will be like without each one of them!
The one thing I hope they will always remember about
Sis. Flewellen
is how much she LOVED each one of them
and how honored she was to have each of them in her life!
I love you Megan, Allison, Jessica, Tonya, Sydnee and Montana!
Katee...I love you and we are friends for life!
Love,
Sis. Flewellen       
        

No comments :