Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Christopher's BIG day and a follow up...

Christopher missed my last birthday!
He didn't text me while he was at school,
didn't mention "Happy Birthday" when he saw me...
the day was just like any other day to him.
And so it goes with kids to parents!
Our children will NEVER love us the way we love them.

It's okay
because someday they will have that same relationship with their kids and the circle of life continues!

So that is why last night while I was working on my last blog post
that I received a notice
on my phone that Christopher had posted something about me on
FACEBOOK.

It kind of made up for him not wishing me a...
Happy Birthday!
Yelling at me for not letting him get his permit until his grades were better...
and for 26 hours of intense labor...
followed by nine months of constant crying...
who only would be happy if mommy was holding him...
or rocking him up and down
over and over again until he would finally settle down to sleep!

Yep...it made up for all of that and more!

Which is why I enjoyed waking up these last two mornings with him again and making him breakfast.

Picking him up from school today for his favorite sub place
PORT of SUBS.

The family pitched in and helped make his favorite dinner
Steak, Potatoes, Salad and Rolls!
YUM!

Oh yea....he got a brand new iTouch too!

We had mutual tonight so he got to spend the evening with his friends playing basketball...
so not a bad way to spend his birthday!

Wish I had taken a picture....:(
I sure do love that boy...no matter what he's put me through...
and I would do it ALL again
to have a special son who we called
CHRISTOPHER!



 Final note:  He has his FIRST date this weekend!


 *****************************

A follow up on my 5K training!
I was so proud of myself that even though I left the house saying their is NO WAY I can run that many minutes consecutive...
well I did and surprised myself!
I think I can do this after all!
Thanks to my brother David for his motivation too!
You ROCK!
I also love PINTEREST for being my personal trainer!
Pinterest ROCKS too!
                  

1 comment :

Merrilee said...

Yep, being a mom pretty much rocks! (Most of the time). :). Hope his first date is awesome!