Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Six Year Recap and a Celebration

Today is our 6th year wedding anniversary.
I was just telling a friend yesterday when we were heading out for our anniversary celebration...
that I still felt like a newlywed.
I still get excited when he walks through the front door.
We still hold hands ALL the time!
We kiss ALL the time ...
and we try to spend all of our FREE time together!
There is no one I would rather spend my time with than him!
There was a time when I was envious of the relationships my friends had with their husbands...
wishing that I could find that one...
the one you feel a connection with so strongly that no matter what challenges life brings you...
you know you can get through it because you have him!

I'm no longer envious of my friends.
I found Ron.
I found my ONE!
 
These past 6 years have not always been easy.
We didn't get together the traditional way or have a traditional situation
but I would not change a thing to have been able
to spend it all with Ron!
 I love you for eternity and beyond!
Happy 6th anniversary babe!
************************************
Yesterday before Rachel's cheer tryouts began she asked me,
"Mom, what will I do if I don't make it?"
I said, "We will go shopping!"
To which Rachel replied,
"Well what if I do make it?"
I once again said, "We will go shopping!"
For a girl, shopping pretty much cures sorrows or is the perfect way to celebrate!
Rachel was so exhausted after NOT sleeping well,
the stress and anxiety of the tryouts,
and the tryouts taking twice as long as planned
that she decided she wasn't in the mood to shop
(shocking for a girl I know!)
so we decided on a FAMILY CELEBRATION to get ice cream!
We normally make our kids get the 99 cent cones but 
since it was a celebration...
they got to pick whatever they wanted!
I so loved that all our kids wanted to celebrate Rachel's good news!                   







I sure love my family...
there are no other people I would rather be with than with all of them.
 

No comments :