Monday, April 29, 2013

Sterling Silver Bracelet

Back in February my mom sent me this!
It is a sterling silver bracelet that my mom had made from my
Grandma Jarvis'
silverware set.
I LOVE it!
I was the typical teenage daughter who thought my parents didn't know anything...
and that I knew it all!
Whenever I needed a little "escape" from the turmoil I would create at home...
I would go see my
Grandma!
    She was one of my BEST FRIENDS!
She was a lot of people's best friends...
but for some reason she made me feel that I was someone special!
We could spend hours together,
talking a million miles a minute...
enjoying each others company. 
Whenever I would complain that my parents didn't understand me...
she would never "preach" to me
or discount my feelings,
instead she just had a way of helping me understand life...
and what we can learn from life's challenges.
My grandma knew a lot about life's challenges.
She had MANY of them.

These were the last pictures I ever took of her.
This was Christmas 1998.
Rachel was two months old.
Her cousin Spencer was born 9 days earlier.
On November 23, 1999 she passed away and she has never been far from my thoughts.
She was always known for her crafting and I have two crocheted pieces of artwork in my home.
My favorite is this one:
  She said when she saw this one she knew instantly it was the one she was going to make for me...
the little girl reminded her of me! 
My grandma is the number one person I miss the most.
  When I pass on from this life to the next...
the reunion I most look forward to 
is the one I will have with her!
 
 Grandma,
 I love the sterling silver bracelet with all my heart...
but the memories I have of you are what
I hold dear to my heart! 
Love,
Jana
     

 
 
  
 

No comments :