Monday, April 15, 2013

I think I'm a little boring and a missionary story!

So I think I enjoy being a little bit
BORING!
Yesterday after church...
(and since we are done with church by 11 a.m.)
Rachel told me she doesn't like
Sunday's 
because there is nothing to do!

That is exactly why I like Sunday's!

I took a nap with my hubby before he went to work and I thought I was in heaven!
I ate whatever I wanted without fear of my weight or diet!
I watched Netflix for hours while folding the weekly laundry and didn't feel guilty for it...
not even one bit!
My neighbor Marcia came by for a "quick" visit...
and stayed for over an hour!
I got the kids all prepped for their week of AIMS testing...
thinking how grateful I was that we
would have a FULL WEEK of no homework to worry about!
I thought I would go for a walk since we have beautiful weather...
but instead I watered my flowers and
was content to sit outside and watch the birdies on my fence!

Yep
NOTHING TO DO
and enjoying every minute of it!

******************************
 Rachel is trying out for the
HIGH SCHOOL
cheer team this week...
with a cast on her hand!
She had to get teacher recommendations as part of her tryout package 
and all of her 
TEACHERS
love her and gave her the highest marks possible!
She also had to give them a headshot...
             We chose this one!
 Here's to wishing my sweet girl the BEST of LUCK!

**********************
Christopher will be OUT for the rest of the 
VOLLEYBALL
season and I'm super bummed.
He had come so far and had improved so much.
I'm really proud of all that he has accomplished this year!
I may not tell him enough...
    but I really love being his mom!

**************************
I am lucky enough to have four
STEPKIDS
that are amazing!
We've had some "rough" spots along the way...
but don't ALL families? 

Well one of those amazing kids is
BRANDON!
He just proposed to his girlfriend
RACHAL
and they are getting married
on December 20, 2013.
They will honor Brandon's mom by getting married on her birthday.
To make it even more special...
Brandon proposed with his mom's wedding ring!

    
In honor of Brandon and to let him know how much I love and admire him
I wanted to share how proud I am of him.
Last year, right before his 27th birthday...
Brandon
had been preparing to serve an LDS mission.
If he didn't turn his paperwork in by November 10th then he would have been too old and not eligible.
His dad flew up to ordain him as an Elder into the
Melchizedek priesthood
a requirement needed for him to go.
It was a very special experience for Ron.
Just days before submitting his paperwork
he spoke with his Stake President...
he was encouraging him not to go
because of financial situations.
However, Brandon had "qualified" himself to be worthy to go on a mission and to serve the Lord.
Just two weeks later he was able to baptize his sweetheart
Rachal Weis
has a member of 
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS!

It may not be an official mission...
but Brandon is one of the best missionaries I know!
I'm so proud of him and all that he has accomplished and look forward to spending
December 20, 2013
in the Montana Billings temple with him and Rachal!  
         

No comments :