Thursday, April 18, 2013

Time to GET healthy...

Several weeks ago I mentioned my desire to run a 5K.
I stayed motivated for 4 weeks
until I got sick!
I don't want to completely put everything out on the internet...
but I didn't just get sick...
I had PAIN...and lots of it!
After taking ibuprofren everyday...
several times a day...
for six weeks
I decided I had
ENOUGH! 

I've listened to my sister for the last few years as she got healthy and even though it sounded good logically...
I wasn't READY.

I began by watching the documentary Forks over Knives,
Fat Sick and Nearly Dead,
Vegucated, Hungry for Change
and the Engine 2 Diet.
(all on Netflix)
I have to admit I wasn't one of those that as soon as I watched...
I instantly changed
or felt motivated to throw away 
EVERYTHING
in my pantry,
or that I would NEVER eat meat again.
Instead I began slowly.
I read and watched everything I could so I could educate myself on what to fix, how to fix and how I would replace
what I was used to eating.

So just to clarify,
I still eat meat...just a lot less!
I eat MORE fruit and MORE veggies!
I eat A LOT of spinach...I call myself a female version of Popeye!

I don't have ANY dairy products!
(My mom is rolling her eyes right now on this revelation!)
And I ONLY drink WATER.

The water part was easy...
I stopped drinking soda last July and I replaced it with
Vitamin Water Zero.
But the more you stop drinking soda...
the more you want just the good old-fashioned water!
I don't even drink bottled water...
just right out of my faucet and that is saying something since I live in Arizona!

Lastly I have added seeds, nuts, beans and whole grains to most things I eat!
I also take a few vitamin supplements including 
Protandim, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Fish Oil and a Digestive Enzyme!

I still need to think about SUGAR but I haven't quite been able to do that one yet! 

I know food is a "touchy" subject and I'm not saying that this is  right for everyone...
just that it feels right for me!

 I'm sharing this too
in the  hopes I can stay motivated
knowing that what I put in my body as a lot to do with what I get out of it!

 
 
 
              

No comments :