Thursday, April 11, 2013

It was the BEST of times..it is the...


WORST OF TIMES!

I remember several months ago telling my
MOM
that I was loving the age of my kids!

I love that I no longer have to carry a diaper bag...
a bottle...
change a diaper...
or put three kids in car seats when it is 115 degrees outside.
I don't use a stroller...
and I don't have to go to McDonald's or Peter Piper Pizza
unless I want to!

Although this is true...
and I don't miss any of it,
I believe every "stage" or "season" of life brings us
the Best of Times...
and the worst of Times.

I spent another night in the hospital...
this time with Chris.
 
Luckily no broken bones but getting a phone call
during your daughter's soccer game
that your son who is in a volleyball game needs to be taken to the hospital...
 
isn't my idea of a good time!

Especially when I just put a cast on my daughter...
on Monday.

It is also my week to wake up at 5:45 a.m.  to drive 5 teenagers to high school,
one of the many carpools I'm in!

I don't think I can go through one week of a school week without one of my kids forgetting a homework assignment,
a lunchbox, money for a field trip 
or recently to bring "extra" clothes because hers got wet...
but she needed them for her soccer game so I run home to 
wash and dry...
to run back up again!

Let's just say the lady at the school has become one of my
dear friends!

I remember when I could put my kids to bed by 8 p.m. and I would have the rest of the night to myself...
now I'm usually asleep before my oldest three
and my youngest wakes up the next morning before me!
There are NO more nights or mornings to myself!

I also find myself fighting more emotional battles...
teaching my children how to deal with
BULLIES
who sometimes are their "friends"...
or teachers who can't see their true potential...
or coaches
who scream or yell
and make my children feel less than they truly are!

Yes there are HARD times now...
but I believe my children and sweet hubby
have given me the
BEST
of times...
no matter how tired, stressed, emotional or cranky I get!

************************
One of the exercise craze that is HOT right now is
ZUMBA!
 
Chelsea's (my awesome daughter-in-law) mom teaches it and she was kind enough to teach for
Young Women's
Tuesday night.  I was going to take pictures but I was
LOVING
every minute of it and it was such a great workout I didn't want to stop long enough to take pictures!
Let's just say I have found my new form of exercise!
Thanks Lisa Davies for kicking all of our behinds...
you were the BEST!         

************************************

Ron spent a great day at 
Willow Springs Lake
up in Northern Arizona with his bestest friend
Dennis!
The snow around the lake lets me know it was a little too cold for me but I'm glad they got to go
and catch all those yummy fish!   





   
       

1 comment :

The Flewellen Adventures said...

I hope Chris is OK, thank you so much!! My mom LOVES teaching Zumba and had a blast with your Young Women!! :) Thanks for being so awesome:)