Saturday, April 13, 2013

Can't wait for Girls Camp...and a girls day with boys mixed in!

Can it possibly be 26 years since the last time I went to
GIRLS CAMP?

That is why I was Psyched for today...
at Camp Psych day.

I have forgotten all the silly songs you sing
and games you play...
just to build girls into women of character!
I can't WAIT!! 
 Katie and Briley playing games!
 This was the funniest game to watch!
 Yep...we rocked our cheer at ROLL CALL!
 This is just a small group of girls going from our ward.
It was a BUSY day for most
of them with soccer games, dance, plays, and concerts so quite a few weren't there...
but I can't wait to spend
THREE
full days with these sweet girls and all the other girls from
Cortina 3rd ward!  
  
*********************************

One of my bestest friends in the
WHOLE WORLD
is my friend
Shannon!
When I was REALLY, REALLY sick
with my six surgeries...
she would come to my house 3-4 times a week
showering me with gifts
and then would spend hours rubbing my feet
just to help me 
NOT
think of all the pain and suffering.
There really isn't anything I wouldn't do for this amazing and wonderful friend...
that is why when her sweet daughter
MEGAN
wanted to do a lunch date today with ALL us girls...
I jumped on it!
 Man these girls are CUTE!!!
      These two sweet girls remind me
SOOOOOO
much of each other!
I love that they know who they are...
and that they aren't afraid to show it or to defend it!
So courageous...
so driven and succesful...
so beautiful...
such LEADERS!
I sure do love them both!
    The other night when I was talking to 
KATIE
she was a little sad about her friendship situation and the way one of her friends had been treating her.
After some discussion about what qualities a
TRUE FRIEND
 possessed I asked her if she had that type of friend currently in her life.
She said yes...
she had TWO and Mckenna was one of those friends!
The apple must not fall far from the tree as her mom has taught her how to truly be a friend through example!

I sure love wonderful women who are strong examples to their daughters.
I hope I can continue to learn from my dear friend
Shannon.
I've always felt lucky and blessed that the Lord put someone like her in my life!

As for my sweet Katie,
     how could anyone not be kind to you?
You are beautiful,
fun, kind-hearted, smart, talented
and I absolutely
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
being your mom!
    Jacob does a lot of TAGGING along...
but he doesn't mind,
he has a CRUSH on Megan!
 

No comments :