Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stand Together

If you are a member of
The Church of
Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints
then you enjoyed along with myself an amazing weekend
of uplifting songs and talks
from the leaders of our church.
I LOVE how President Monson speaks...he is real and personable.
I LOVE how President Uchtdorf can share stories that lift and inspire.
I LOVE how when they announce President Holland is going to speak next...that I shout for joy...
then I hang on every word as I feel a  power to do GOOD and to be BETTER than I am!

The list could go on and on but you get the picture...
I was inspired
I was comforted
I found peace
I found joy
I found LOVE!

Yesterday I listened to the words of
Elaine Dalton...
Stand Ye in Holy Ground
and be Not Moved.
During our time with my sister's family we had the opportunity to go hiking in the San Tan Mountains not far from our
home.

We were enjoying the beauty of the desert and the time we were spending together.
With my sister's baby being only 4 mos. old
we took a small break so she could nurse him.
A couple of the kids were
VERY
insistent that they could go on ahead and they would meet us at the flagpole...or the end of the trail.
I told them NO several times wanting us all to stay together.
Finally after more attempts...
I finally gave in and let them GO.

As the rest of us headed back towards the end of the trail...
we heard a voice from behind us.
The kids had gone the WRONG way and had to be turned around by a Ranger who spotted them off the trail.
Arizona desert is known for Rattlesnakes that can be deadly.
Being off a trail is not the place to be!

After being found...
the kids came crying to us and wanted to know why they had gotten lost.

I reminded them that on several occasions my answer to them had been NO...
to not go ahead but to wait with the group.

How many times do we want to do things our own way...
instead of the Lord's?
How many times do we choose to not be obedient?
How many times do we get off the trails of life...
and then wonder how we got lost?

The Lord is the way, the truth and the light.
How grateful I am for this knowledge.
How grateful I am that the Lord will go find the one
LOST sheep...
How grateful I am that my weekend was filled with this light and knowledge and a reminder to
Stand in Holy Places...
and be not MOVED!



















I sure do love our FAMILY!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

That's a great story to remember.