Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Can it be that things are WINDING down?

I am feeling a big weight off my shoulders this week.
As much as I love
watching all my kids in their many activities...
it does get exhausting
and it's always nice to have a break.
Rachel finished her soccer season at school
and at her league play!
 Her CREW of friends!
  Being recognized by her coach!

Katie finished her volleyball season tonight with a 
BIG WIN
against a lot older and taller team!
 Don't let Katie's size fool ya...
she is rockin some serious volleyball skills on the court!
This season she was able to master her
SERVE'S
and her shyness...
taking charge on the court and being aggressive!
This girl reminds me so much of me when I was her age that I swear she is my clone!
I think it is the reason I liked sports so much as a kid and why I think Katie likes it too!
It was the one place I felt like I could be myself...
I didn't like being shy...
but I was.
But when I played volleyball and did well...
it allowed me to build the self-confidence I needed.
That is what volleyball does for my
KATIE!
I am so very proud of my girls
and the strong,
beautiful girls they have become!

Speaking of strong, beautiful girls...
I had lunch with two of them today!
Jamie, Deanna, Me and Rachel 
(Rachel was missing at our lunch...but she is always in our hearts) 
These girls are what having best friends is all about!
Deanna and I have been friends
since our oldest were only 2 months old.
Rachel and I have been friends since she gave birth to Gabe 26 days before I gave birth to Chris.
I named my daughter Rachel after her...
so she must be pretty special! 
Jamie and I became friends later but nonetheless
these girls were my
ROCKS
several years ago.
 Even though we have all gone our separate ways...
they will always
remain dear to my heart.
So glad we got a chance to meet up again before school gets out...
and vacations and camps begin!  
   


   

No comments :