Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Fortune cookie and a project

Whew!
What a crazy past couple of days...
is it 
SPRING BREAK
yet?
My mama bear claws have come out with a vengenance
and
talk about stress!
It seems that teachers right before school gets out...
decide to
ASSIGN
every project, homework page, tests, quiz, party, field trip
they can think of so that
MOMS
can only throw their hands in the air and 
BEG
for a break!
That is what has happened to me...
I need a MOMMY
TIME OUT.

After a busy morning of juggling my stress with the kids' school stress...
my sweet hubby
who has been trying to "stay out of my way"
decided we needed to go to our favorite Chinese Food Restaurant
HONG KONG KITCHEN
in the hopes
that I could cheer up and take a break from it all.
At the end of the meal he opened his fortune cookie to read:
"A smile is your passport into the heart of others."
Tossing it aside,
 thinking it insignificant...
we walked outside into the gorgeous warm spring air
and I told him we should take a picture.
He hates it when I say that
but when I started to take pictures he just started shooting random crazy pictures and
his SMILE genuinely made me laugh!
          
Which of course was 
EXACTLY
what I needed to change my mood and to make me feel better.
Oh how much I love him!
I reminded him that he is the 
BEST
decision I have ever made.
I love you babe.
E+1
***********************
Chris (with the help of Ron) finished his
Geometry project today.
It is due tomorrow.
    So how does making a carnival game have anything to do with
Geometry?
I'm still trying to figure that one out!

BRING ON SPRING BREAK!
 
    

1 comment :

The Flewellen Adventures said...

Aww what a great way to end a crazy week!Our guys always know exactly what we need :)