Monday, March 11, 2013

Nothing like spring in Arizona

My kids have officially started
SPRING BREAK.

I've been viewing Instagram and Facebook the last two days
and I see lots of friends
traveling all over the country ...
but I say the 
BEST
place to be this time of year
is right here in Arizona!

I really should have taken pictures today
(but I do have a job!)
of my kids playing ALL day outside!
Jacob had all the neighbor kids entertained while he caught every lizard outside.
(Poor lizards...they don't stand a chance with Jacob!)
Our little neighbor girl wouldn't even go get a 
PEDICURE
with Grandma because she was catching lizards with Jacob!

Rachel babysat a neighbor all morning and took them to the park for a lunch.
(Rachel is a GREAT babysitter)

Katie played with her friend Emmie with squirt guns, water bottles and anything else they could find to get
Chris wet.

Chris was busy doing the BIG yard we have...
which took him an entire morning!
Of course, he took lots of water breaks...
or should I say he came in for more WATER to get the girls wet!

I also had bought the game
HEDBANZ
for us to play while we were home this week.
    However, my kids and I are too old for this game...
Seriously we haven't watched DISNEY movies in so long it took us FOREVER to try and guess our movie characters!

Have I ever mentioned that
BOYS love RACHEL?
This girl always have the boys crushing on her...
but I am proud of her!
She sticks to her morals and beliefs
and is such a beautiful, strong, talented young woman.
And she has a STRONG, PROTECTIVE
step-dad who keeps the boys'
in their place!
Including today when he took them down in arm wrestling!
 
 I love Ron's face in this picture because this boy actually thought he stood a chance...
 Nope...not a chance!
The funny thing is...
these boys thought it was just good ole' fashioned arm wrestling,
but Ron was letting the boy know,
"You better not mess with my daughter!"

Sometimes I read "comments" about
what a great mom someone is if they take their kids to Hawaii every year on vacation, or if they attend every festival, carnival, fun runs, etc...
but I'm wondering if I can just be a great mom
teaching my kids 
the value of work and daily chores,
to play in the dirt with the neighbor kids,
to work hard at my job that provides them with food and clothes on their backs,
to spend an afternoon playing a game
or an evening popping popcorn and watching a movie?

Is it possible that it can be just as GREAT a spring break...
spending it nowhere else but
HOME?

To me there is nothing like 
SPRING break in ARIZONA.

       Postscript:  I promise Arizona Spring pictures tomorrow!        

          

1 comment :

Jennifer B. Slack said...

Hi Jana, I love your thoughts on being a great mom. Well said!!! Sure love you.