Saturday, March 2, 2013

Boating is BACK and a Wedding

One of our families greatest joys
is going to the
LAKE!

Ron and I have had an itching to go to the lake since last October when we turned it in
for an overhaul and detail
and it ended up being in the shop for a month!
Since then it has been TOO cold
and we've been TOO busy.

But when we saw that the weather was going to be warm and sunny
we grabbed our neighbors and 
headed to the lake.





 Our neighbors moved in last January
and we became fast friends!
Marcia is my go to girl for ALL advice and venting!
She has also become a 
second grandma to my kids and they love her.
The other day when my kids were talking about the snowbirds that were driving "slow" in front of us,
they said, "Mom, the coolest 
OLD
 people we know are Marcia and Preston!" 

Ron and I agree!
While they will never replace their REAL grandparents
it is always a blessing to have
special people come into your life at the "right" time.
  Usually she just laughs and guides and listens
while I try to raise my children
reminding me
"this to shall pass"
and
that someday I will sit in my empty house wondering how it passed so quickly and wishing it hadn't!
  
Preston is our example of kindness, hard-working, total love of God and all things spiritual...
he is Marcia's steady rock and we think he ROCKS!

*******************

My beautiful BESTIE
got married today in a private ceremony.
Ron and I had the privilege of attending.
 There is no one I can think of that is more deserving of such
complete happiness
than her.

  I have to do a little bragging right now so please forgive me...
I set the two of them up,
call me
MATCHMAKER!
I curled her cute hair,
call me
HAIRDRESSER!
I lent her the dress,
call me
BESTIE EXTRAORDINAIRE!   

In all honesty I love this girl!
When you find
TRUE FRIENDS
you are willing to do almost anything for them!

Shannon and Marcia 
are those type of friends!   
   
 

1 comment :

Shannon Guymon said...

I love these pictures and I love you!!! Thanks for being the best bestie ever! You made my wedding day extra special. Thanks for always loving and cheering me on. Sisters forever :)