Saturday, March 9, 2013

Grandpa's Girl, Project Weekend Day 2 and a date!

Last week when Britni called to invite us to
Leo's 4th Birthday...
Leo started asking in the background and wanted to know who his mommy was talking to.
Britni said,
"Grandma Jana".
Leo said,
"Who is that?"
So Britni tried to explain.

Finally catching on he said,
"Oh yea, Grandpa's Girl!"

Ron, Britni and I have laughed about it ever since!
Today this Grandpa's Girl  
got to go visit our sweet little
LEO
for his 4th birthday party.

Here were a few highlights from his special day!
 A gift from us has to involve FISHING!
 Leo was so excited to do the TURTLE PINATA!
 Leo's BESTEST buddies!

 Leo will NEVER give me a hug but as soon as he sees Katie he starts running, yelling her name
and gives her the BIGGEST hug! 


 Rachel kept shoving candy into his fishing VEST!

He scored lots of CANDY!


          It's a BUG cake!
Happy 4th birthday sweet little LEO!
We sure do love you!

**************************
Project Weekend....DAY 2!
My least favorite chore:
LAUNDRY
Instead of working on a decorating project I decided I had better work on the overall
HOUSE CLEANING
that is never ending and I always seem to be behind in.
I know some women
spread out their laundry throughout the week
but since I dislike it so much...
I do it one day a week,
so I don't have to think about it for another 6 days!!
So it starts out looking like this:

  And ended the day looking like this:
Another project complete!

************************
Christopher had his first date tonight!
We decided 45 minutes before his date that he needed a new outfit so we quickly ran to the store
and came up with this:
     He said he was looking SWAG tonight!
When he got home I asked him how his first date went and he said she told him,
"Chris you look really nice tonight...
I've never seen you not in sweats!"
Ummmm...I think that will begin to change!

We had a chance to talk before his date so I could give him tips on how to treat a girl!
1.  Open her door
2. Never let a girl pay unless it is agreed to go Dutch (I had to explain this term to him...he asked me if I made it up!)
3.  Compliment her and let her know she looks nice
4.  Never ditch her for another girl or friend who might be on the date too (It was a double date.)
5.  Make sure she is home on time for her curfew and Be home 10 minutes after her curfew!    

Next week I'm taking him to get his driver's permit!

Ohhhhh...I'm so not sure how I feel about him growing up!
:)
    

1 comment :

Unknown said...

That was a really great post!