Friday, March 8, 2013

Should I go with stripes?

When Cameron moved out of the house
TWO YEARS
ago,
Christopher moved into Cameron's room and Jacob had his own bedroom.
When Christopher and Jacob were still together they decided they would like a hunting and fishing room.
So we have been talking about it for quite some time.
I'm usually the type...
well just a tad bit OCD
(Obsessive Compulsive)
that starts decorating with a theme in mind and I go fast and furious
until it's complete!
NOT
this time...I just haven't had it in me to get this room done!
We started with a few accessories,
I repurposed his bed and painted it rustic blue
then we bought a new dresser...
then I painted the dresser...
then I painted the room...but it was boring!
I even made my
first work of art out of the ever popular material
BURLAP!
I have had so many ideas for this room but trying to find the time to complete it...
just hasn't happened!  
With Ron working late over the weekend...
I have designated it my
PROJECT WEEKEND
and I am determined to get his room finished!
I started this afternoon with an additional paint project:
Horizontal stripes.
Still have tape on...I'm scared to remove!
 The BIG REVEAL:



 MY OCD
was back in full swing and I couldn't finish
the project off
without adding a few of the accessories and pictures
and of course,
JACOB himself!
 Ron and I have had so much 
FUN
finding all of these fishing signs...
it is right up his alley!
 Now I have to go 
SPOIL
my sweet hubby so he will finish the last few projects for me!
Wish me luck!

Projects left:
1.  Frame out small windows and large windows
2.  Hang fishing boat ore's onto wall
3. Find cute bedside table
4. Find accessories for dresser

My sweet Jacob doesn't like change...
he has had a few breakdowns after each small thing I accomplish in his room,
however tonight he jumped on his bed
curled up in his blanket
and didn't say a word!

"hey Jakie, you like it...you really, really like it!"   

*************************
On a separate note we were invited to lunch by these wonderful people:
    We sure do love them!
we will go to lunch with you guys anytime! 






1 comment :

Melissa said...

Love! I especially love all the signs. You are so creative.