Sunday, March 24, 2013

This is why we live in Arizona...

Every Sunday morning at 6 a.m.
when my alarm clock goes off to get up and ready for church...
I think to myself
how much I DO NOT like 8 a.m. church.

However, when we get out of church at 11 a.m.
and home before
the other two wards even meet...
I LOVE 8 a.m. church!

Funny isn't it?
What I have really enjoyed are the Sunday afternoon naps, quiet time reading a good book,
or just spending time with my family.

Because of our beautiful temperatures we wanted to do everything
OUTSIDE!
We even got the kids to come outside to eat snacks and play some 
homemade CORN HOLE.
(We are a bunch of rednecks!)
   My silly man...just loves having his picture taken!

   I don't think they are too happy about it either!
 Ever since Ron and I met we love to compete at everything we do. And while I like to think I could
BEAT him...
I have yet to do so!
We are laughing in this picture because he really doesn't have it in him to "throw" the challenge my way!
Nope...he can't do it!
He always says,
"Why play if you aren't going to win?"   
 I guess I can't argue with that!
 Jacob spent his ENTIRE afternoon in this tree right outside our house or along our block fenced wall!
I love that he spends his days outside with all the neighborhood kids!
It seems like Chris is usually TOO busy to join us but he told me today that he was taking a 
LAZY DAY!
I am so proud of him...
he BLESSED the sacrament for the first time last week,
and this week he was the only
PRIEST at church...
He showed his leadership skills teaching another man how to do it. 
I laughed last week when he told me they wouldn't have him do it until he had been trained!
The one thing I've learned about a church calling...
you don't get trained,
you listen to the SPIRIT
and you hope and pray for the best!      

 This picture made me laugh out loud!
My cute Katie
is obsessed with popcorn!
She asks me everyday when we can make popcorn!
She has also been known to
HOARD
popcorn...
like not let anyone else have it!
She will hide it,
take ownership of it...
and otherwise keep it from your grasp
so that she can eat it ALL!
My otherwise sweet little girl...
turns into a totally different child around popcorn!
Just ask anyone who has tried to share it with her!   

No comments :